Friday 1 May 2009

Babyshambles, the village, Dublin 2004

I've converted this recording from FLAC, I know it's a wrong thing to do but I feel some of the newer forum members should hear it.

This is a show from the 2004 tour, basically babyshambles were untouchable in those days.

I went to the Portsmouth university gig in the late of October I think with my brother and a very close friend, my brother was getting pretty aggy (which wasn't out of character :lol: ) at the fact the bar was shut and all the drunk fresher uni students annoying him greatly.

"This fucker is taking the piss making us wait like this I'm going home if he does turn up in 10 minutes" luckily he did, the four of them changed my/ and his life forever. The energy from all four was unbelievable, peter twisting and turning will be something that will last in my memory until I die. Although this is not the gig I went to it gives a impression of the gig I went to and why the older members sometimes get annoyed with the gigs. When the crowd used to sing the first bars of albion would send shivers down my spine (sadly not on this recording). I'm not living in the past but the past should be remembered.



Basically, enjoy :D

Tracklist:

The man who came to stay
Do you know me
In love with a feeling
8 dead boys
Babyshambles
Fuck forever
Gang of gin
Blackboy lane
Killamangiro
What katy did
Wolfman


The village, Dublin, 2004


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPTFI7QQ

Taken from french dog blues

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I completely agree that Babyshambles was untouchable from 2004 to about 2006 or so. I miss Pat Walden, and Mick Jones' production. I can't believe that Down in Albion got generally poor reviews and Shotters Nation was hailed as their best work ever, because to me it's the opposite. Down in Albion was such a perfect snapshot of beauty on the verge of collapsing into chaos, but always keeping it together by a thread. I know we have to allow people to grow and change, but I like Pete the poet better than the rock star.

Blue eyes said...

I miss Pat Walden alot too and went to the wrong gig this weekend :(